As we continue our discussion from classes on goal setting we move into the realm of vision boards. A vision board is one of the most powerful weapons in your arsenal of life. Understanding what you want to achieve and have happen, and being able to visualise it is extremely powerful. Without a target to aim for you simply drift through life. Achieving this, not doing that, but not focusing on what you really want to have happen.
A vision board is a great tool and one supported by just about every successful person on the planet. But how do you create one?
Luckily I have some insights for you. There are many ways and types of vision boards and they can be laid out any way that suits you and with any number of items. Let’s make a simple 9 quadrant one.
1. Grab an A4 sheet of paper.
2. Fold it into thirds then fold it in half. You should now have 6 quadrants when you unfold it.
3. Starting top left to right and working our way down number them 1 – 9
4. In each quadrant write the following words – 1. REWARD, 2. DESIRE, 3. MENTAL, 4. RELATIONSHIPS, 5. PERSONAL, 6. FAMILY, 7. WORK, 8. MATERIAL, 9. TRAVEL
5. Now grab another sheet and write 5-6 things for each heading. Take the first thing that comes to mind when you read the words written down. It can be anything. Now write short(6 months or less) or long term(more than 6 months) next to each one.
6. We are going to create a 6-month board. Of your 6 items pick the top 3 you would like to achieve in the next 6 months.
7. Go to the internet and search in Google for the 3 items you have written down. Grab any pictures or words that you find that envisions the item you have written down.
8. Here is the tricky part. You can either print out the pictures and cut them to shape or if you have access to a graphic software package like photoshop you can use this. Arrange the words & images you selected in each corresponding quadrant. Don’t worry about neatness but focus on your internal expression.
Hey, presto. You now have a Vision Board of your own. Place it up somewhere you can see it every day. I have mine on my wall in the shower and as a background of my computer screen.
Take the time every day to look at your board. Perhaps focus on one area. Dream of your goal. Picture yourself achieving that goal. Then go do your day. Watch what happens over time.
You can make Vision boards for any length of time but you must revisit them. Reassess your goals and create new boards every time from scratch. The effort of creation solidifies the desired outcome in your mind’s eye.
I would love to see your Vision Board and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. The only thing that holds you back from achieving everything you want is yourself. So why would you hold yourself back?
A Martial Arts Karate in Christchurch
Welcome to Shizoku Martial Arts karate club in Christchurch. Truly a Family Martial Arts club, its right there in our name, Shizoku = family. If your goals are to learn ways to protect you and your loved ones in today’s world, you have come to the right place.
Parklands Recreation Hall,
75 Queenspark drive
Christchurch, New Zealand
Woodend Community Centre
School Road, Woodend
Call +64 21 823 857
Email : email@example.com