Strikes 1 – 8 (all from fighting stance). Start RL forward, RH up grip towards you LH downwards grip
- Angle strike to left: Bring LH across and opp right shoulder and lift RH up above right shoulder, Swing Bo down on the angle to your left, pushing down with RH and pull back to hip with LH, Pivot feet to left during the strike so your body is facing left at the end of the strike.
- Angle strike to right: Raise LH up above left shoulder, RH in opp left shoulder and strike down to right side, pushing down with LH and pulling back with RH, on angle pivoting feet to right
- Horizontal strike to left: Bring bo level and pull with LH as you push with RH horizontally in front, pivot fee to left as you strike through
- Horizontal strike to right: Bring bo level and pull with RH as you push with LH horizontally in front, pivot fee to right as you strike through
- Upward angle to left: Bringing your RH in an upper cut type motion as you pull your LH back to your hip, pivot feet to left. Striking to knees.
- Upward angle to right: Bringing your LH in an upper cut type motion as you pull your RH back to your hip, pivot feet to right. Striking to knees.
- Upward vertical: bring RH down and then upper cut but straight ahead instead of on angle. Striking to groin.
- Downward stomp: lift your LH up and over coming down as you step your LL through. Driving the strike down on their head.
Repeat other side, switch hands, LH upwards grip, RH downwards grip
Bo blocking (middle guard, RL forward, RH forward)
- Parry left: Push RH across to your left
- Parry right: Pull RH to right
- Inwards block: Hold your Bo vertical and push with RH and pull with LH and vertical block to left side
- Outwards block: Hold your Bo vertical and push with LH and pull with RH and vertical block to right side
- Left sweeping block: Pull LH out and up as you Push RH down in a scooping motion to left side blocking block, as you push down pull LH up
- Right sweeping block: RH push across and then down in scoop to right side low
- Downward: horizontal bo and push the bo down
- Upward block: horizontal Bo and push the bo up
Spinning the Bo (Fanning the Bo)
Roll over the hand: Rotate the bo in your RH anticlockwise, reach through with Lh grab the bo and then let the bo roll over your rh as you rotate your LH
Thumbs down: Rotate RH right over until your thumb is pointing down, at this stage grab with LH thumbs down, Release RH completely and rotate LH round, as Bo goes horizontal grab with RH and rotate through to thumbs down.